Saturday, October 8, 2011

Barthel Farms

This weekend we headed back to Milwaukee to celebrate Dale's birthday.  We thought we'd take advantage of the fantastic, unseasonably warm weather and pick apples and pumpkins at Barthel Farms in Mequon.  Last year, Nora and I went to Apple Holler (oh my gosh, I just looked back at the pictures - she's so tiny!  And look at that bald little head) with a few friends of hers during the week.  Then, she sat in the stroller most of the time gnawing on the apples.  This year, it was fun to see her so excited about picking apples, running from tree to tree, grabbing apples, and putting them in the bag.  Dan and I are already looking forward to going somewhere next year that has hayrides.  



"Look at this one, Mama!"

Rows and rows of beautiful orchard

First bites of a sweet apple straight from the tree.



Reaching high for the perfect apple.



Still working on the apple.  The perfect
size for her little hands.

"Look!  I climbed to the top of the ladder!"

Love this little lady.

One of my favorite pictures of the day.

Now onto the pumpkin patch --

Is this the right one?

Dan carrying Nora's pumpkin
back to the car.

This one is for my brother.

The yummiest part of the day.

Nora wouldn't let go of the caramel
apple.  If you wanted a bite, she would
have to hold on and even then, it
wasn't a very willing share. For the most
part, she just ate the caramel and nuts off.

I know this is a blurry picture but I had to include it.
Dan hands me this and says, "You can have the rest
if you want."  Gee, thanks!  Hilarious.

Enjoying a snooze in the cool grass on a warm day.

There are those beautiful blues


and a big smile for mama

No comments:

Post a Comment