Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sneak Peek

This morning, Dan and I got to take another peek at the newest little Guenther. Although a third trimester ultrasound is generally not standard, it is at our practice (another reason I like it there). They want to make sure the baby is in proper position and growing well.

He's growing well, alright! He's about 5-ish pounds. The doc said, on average, they gain about a half pound per week from 34 weeks until delivery. Assuming I go full-term, he might be an 8 POUNDER!! I have to admit... that's a daunting thought. But, I can do it! (I think I can, I think I can.)

Without further ado -- here's the little one at exactly 33 weeks.

Being somewhat cooperative, he showed us his profile. It's not quite as clear as it was at the 20 week peek but it still looks like the Guenther nose.

This is a straight-on look at his face. (The top of his head is at the right of the picture.)

Towards the end of the ultrasound, I asked the tech if she still switches over to the 3D wand. She told me she would as long as I didn't snitch on her she would do that for us. Technically she's not supposed to. So an extra thanks to the purposely unnamed tech who bent the rules for us so we could get an amazingly clear view of him. Makes me wonder what ultrasound pictures will be like when our kids have kids.


That is a hand near the top of his forehead and a foot near his nose. No matter what we did to try to get him to move so we could see his entire face, he wasn't having it.

Another view with his foot in his mouth. Hopefully he won't have too many times in his life where he feels the need to do that. (There's nothing wrong with the side of his head. It all has to do with the fluid and how he was moving when the picture was being taken, etc.)

For the last shot of the day, he gave us a hint of a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment