Sunday, May 10, 2015

Lilatia Park & Mother's Day 2015

It's been four or five years now that we've been making a trip to Lilatia Park during the lilac-tulip season.  I think we completely missed the season last year (it was a short, there and done kind of season last year) so this year we didn't want to miss.  


The flowers seemed to bloom a little late this spring due to all the rain and cool weather (I mean, c'mon... we went on May 10 and look how we're dressed!!) but we hit it right at their peak. Although Dan overheard someone say they had been there two days before and it had been even more beautiful (the rain the day prior to our visit took its toll). But even so, they were beautiful as ever.

Even this schniblet got into it this year and let me tell you it was really
cute to watch. I could have taken 50 pictures of her sniffing.

Apparently Nora was in a posing mood because I kept getting pictures like this... 
"Mom! Take a picture of me by these! They're your favorites!"

and this.
hip popped out to the side and everything.

I'm pretty sure she was actually blowing air out of her nose rather than smelling.
The scrunched up nose. Seriously. 

Framing this.




one of my favorites 


Happy Mother's Day!

Greta found a tulip head on the path and carried it around for quite a while.


haha -- this is what happens when I ask Myles to give his sister a kiss.

On the way home we stopped at Portillos for dinner (the other half of the Lilatia tradition) so no cooking for me -- Happy Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment