Wednesday, February 18, 2015

DIY: Time Out Chair

Our chair. Our sad chair, which we  refer to as "the time out chair", was in need of a little TLC.  As you can see it's gotten a lot of use during the past couple of years. It was more of an accent chair but we wanted to to stand out more and as we were getting ready to refinish the floors and paint the walls in the living room what better time to get it done. 

Before.

Dan often jokes that I am really good at starting projects.  Finishing them is not necessarily my strong suit.  Sadly, he's right but I'm glad to say that I showed him! Started AND finished in the same day.

After taking the cushion off I scuffed up the bones of the
chair and started spray painting. I chose a golden yellow as an accent
to the new color on our living room walls.


Then I went to JoAnn fabrics to find the perfect fabric for the seat cover and bought remnants of high density foam.  I used Dan's jigsaw a cut a new base for the seat cushion and everything.  Guys, I'm really proud of myself for that one! 

And... the final product!!

It's done and I love love love it! It looks great in the space
and it's pretty comfy too! 

1 comment: