Sunday, June 22, 2014

Nora's First Baseball Game

June 22 was a very busy day for us girls.  Earlier in the day Dan, the kids and I all headed down to Soldier Field to participate in the Baxter Kidney Walk - a 5K along the lakefront.  (Baxter is where Dan has been working the past two and a half years - Accenture put together a team to participate in the walk.) We went with the double and single strollers.  The big kids walked some of the way but mostly took it easy.  Greta slept through some of it. Then after the walk Dan dropped Nora and I off in front of Wrigley Field.  We were invited by Lindsay to join her and Mallory in some amazing seats to the game.

Me and my first girly.

Like I said, the seats were great.  Just about 10 rows back up the third baseline.
The Cubs "tattoo" came from the festivities prior to the walk.

Besties in matching shirts.

I always love the view at Wrigley.  

As the stands started clearing toward the end of the game the girls got
a little more freedom. And increasingly silly.

We (especially Lindsay) were hoping they would make it to the end of the game because the first 1,000 kids received a wrist band.  The wrist band allowed you to walk on the field at the end of the game and run the bases! While we definitely weren't in the first 1,000 we went to fans' services and asked if they happened to have any wrist bands left.  I think it helped that there were only two kids and they're so cute. Plus we asked politely. Sure enough - we got wrist bands!

A view of Wrigley Field - FROM THE GRASS!! After this season, the
controversial renovations begin. I'm glad I got to see it in it's original state one last time.

They move the kids through so quickly, we got scolded for taking this
picture (it literally took 4 seconds to take).

 No still shots of the kids running the bases.  Like I said, they really move you through and the parent couldn't stay on the field once they started running.  We were moved off and the kids were shuffled to where the parents could wait once they were done.

Running through the empty stadium.  Neat.

She probably won't remember being able to do this but what a neat experience.  Thanks for the invite, Lindsay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment