It's no secret. I've got a sweet tooth. As a matter of fact, I think I might have two. I enjoy baking but the husband doesn't enjoy eating my sweet creations as much as I think he should. In the long run, it's a good thing or I think we'd both be 40 pounds heavier than we are now. So instead, I bake and give it away (yes... of course I keep a few for myself :)
This week, my little helper and I made homemade peppermint patties (which I was just told today tasted better than the real thing!! Thanks, Lindz.) Cassi, the maid-of-honor in our wedding, had a couple of favorite treats in college - popcorn and York Peppermint Patties. So when I came across the recipe for homemade peppermint patties it was a no-brainer... I had to make them for her (a great new mommy) and send her a special Valentine's Day sweet treat.
Nora and I had fun making these together. I think they'd be great to make around Christmas time so perhaps some of you may be seeing them some day.
Mommy's little helper
She got her own little bowl and a fork to help "stir" in her bowl.
but when she started putting her utensils in the bowl, we had to separate for the sake of sanitation
She quickly realized that mom had a measuring devise she was no longer using that had some left over peppermint patty on it.
The patties all measured out and ready to go in the freezer to set.
And after they were dipped in chocolate!
The insides were dyed pink for Valentine's Day.
And these are just a couple extra pictures of the giant smile we've been getting lately.
Absolutely better than the real thing!! And I cannot stop myself from eating them. Can you please send the recipe if you still have it? Thank you for such a special treat!
ReplyDelete